- Showgrounds Village Physiotherapy and Showgrounds Village Podiatry respects your right to privacy and is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers and website visitors. We recognise your right to control how your personal information is collected and used.
- This policy applies to our websites ‘showgroundsphysio.com.au‘ and ‘showgroundspodiatry.com.au‘ which are operated by us, and to the products and services provided by us.
- ‘Personal information’ means any information that may identify you or which your identity might be reasonably determined. This information may include, but not limited to; your name, address, email address and phone number.
- ‘Sensitive information’ means any information about an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, philosophical belief, membership of a profession, trade association or trade union, sexual preference or practices, criminal record or health information.
- You may provide basic information such as your name, phone number, address and email address to enable us to provide our services to you and for us to update you with service information. We may collect additional information such as billing information (including financial or credit card information), professional information such as your business or company name.
- We may also collect sensitive information about you, such as medical reports, referrals, medications, health history and other important health information that as reasonable and necessary for us to provide our services to you.
- Additionally, through our websites, we automatically collect informations that is not personally identifiable, such as the website visitors came to our site, IP address, browser types and other information relating to the device in which the website was accessed.
3. Use & Disclosure:
- Personal information may be used for supplying you with information and updates of our services. We may use your personal information to improve our products and services and better understand your needs. We may contact you by a variety of measures including, but not limited to telephone, email, sms or mail.
- We will not disclose, sell, share or trade your personal information to any third party unless we have your consent.
- We may provide health information to other medical service providers, such as your general practitioner or specialist, with your consent, or in circumstances where it is an obligation or requirement for the delivery of health services; such as referral to another health service provider, billing and leasing with government offices regarding Medicare entitlements and payments, or where it is necessary to prevent or lessen a serious threat to a patients life, health or safety or any other reason permitted by law.
- If there is a change of control in our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser under an agreement to maintain confidentiality. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith and where required by any of the above circumstances.
4. Security of your personal information
- Showgrounds Village Physiotherapy and Showgrounds Village Podiatry are committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is protected and secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access, misuse, modification, loss or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information.
- Despite taking the appropriate measures, please be aware, that no data security measures can guarantee 100% security at all times, and we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted to us via the internet, as such, this transmission is at your own risk.
- Personal and health information may be stored electronically though a third party data centre, which may be located overseas or in physical storage on our premises.
- You are solely responsible for maintaining the security of any passwords and other account information pertaining to our platform, apps and services.
5. Access to your personal information
- You can access and/or correct information we hold about you at any time by contacting us at (03) 9372 3600. We encourage you to keep your personal details up to date. A small administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information.
- We may deny your request to access your information if required by law or where the information may relate to an existing or anticipated legal proceeding. We will respond with reasons for our refusal.
6. Data Breach Notification Scheme
- If we have reason to suspect a data breach has occurred we will undertake an assessment in accordance with the National Data Breach Scheme. If we determine there has been a breach we will notify you as soon as reasonably practicable.
- Some of your information may be transferred to organisations in other countries if we’re using external services, administration providers and/or information technology providers such as cloud storage and data processing. Only information that we believe the recipient is legally and contractually round to principles that are substantially similar to the Australian Privacy Principles.
8. Policy changes:
- We may change this policy from time to time. Any updated versions will be posted on our websites. You should check periodically to review the current content. The effective date is listed at the bottom of the policy.
- If you have any questions or complaints regarding privacy, or if any any time you believes we have wrongfully handled your personal or sensitive information or breach privacy obligations then please contact us on (03) 9372 3600, or in writing to:
Att: Alana Hassell
Showgrounds Village Physiotherapy and Podiatry
1/320 Epsom Rd,
Flemington, VIC, 3031
If you are not satisfied with our response you are entitled to contact the Federal Privacy Commissioner, by phoning 1300 363 992 or writing to the Director of Complaints, Office of the Federal Privacy Commissions, GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 1042.
Last updated: July 2020